AR fiberglass meshes for structural reinforcement
Gavazzi celebrates 140 | Download the interactive pdf ebook of the book of 140 years of Gavazzi Tessuti Tecnici
Gavazzi provides solutions for structural reinforcement and consolidation, with a range of meshes made with AR (Alkali-Resistant) glass fiber.
AR glass, unlike other types of glass, is not subjected to the aggression of alkaline agents (chemicals within the cementitious matrix and lime-based mixtures), thanks to its high percentage of Zirconium oxide (higher than 16% in compliance with UNI EN 15422), which gives the mesh high durability and resistance against the alkaline environment.
- High composite efficiency: special impregnation treatments to increase the mechanical performance of composite systems
- Maintenance of performance: mechanical performance remains virtually unchanged over time
- Reduction in thickness and weight: systems reinforced with AR glass fiber meshes allow the creation of light and low thickness composites
- FRCM Reinforcement Systems
- CRM Reinforcement Systems
- Prefabricated elements
- Strengthening of ceilings - anti delamination
FRCM Reinforcement Systems
In compliance with the parameters dictated by the Qualification Guidelines issued by the Superior Council of Public Works, FRCM composites are made of an inorganic matrix based on cement mortar or lime, together with a textile reinforcement - usually an AR glass fiber mesh impregnated with polymeric resins.
AR fiberglass meshes suitable for application on FRCM systems are meant for the restoration of already-existing brick, stone or masonry buildings, damaged as a result of exceptional events such as earthquakes or the degradation of the metal reinforcement, and showing cracks in the mortars of reinforced concrete.