Safety and health
The human value at the core of the company
Visit us at BAU in Munich (17-22 April | Hall A2, Booth 529) and at JEC World in Paris (25-27 April | Hall 5, Booth F27)
At Gavazzi any resource is crucial for the development of the fundamental innovation and business improvement process. From the search for the best professionals to their support along their growth within the company, Gavazzi gives particular attention to the choice and care of people. The aim is to bring benefit to each business activity and to contribute to the well-being and growth of people. Gavazzi's human capital is offered a full program of training and updating courses, essential to provide customers with highly reliable and qualified experts.
In a world marked by increasingly hectic changes, staff training is one of the key steps that a company needs to take to be competitive.
Gavazzi believes in the ongoing investment in training activities aimed at increasing the technical and transversal skills of its employees, with the aim of:
- Allow the staff to acquire broad knowledge and skills,
- Filling gaps resulting from changes that may occur;
- Strengthening and consolidating the excellence demonstrated by its employees.
- Complying with all mandatory health and safety training obligations
In the production departments, all labor-intensive operations have been gradually automated or supported by mechanical means, such as weight lifters for lifting and handling, robots for loading the yarn spools onto the creels, electric trolleys transporting weights within the plant.
Gavazzi put great effort in creating work environments that comply with all modern standards for well-being and ergonomics, from the production departments, to the offices, to the company canteen and to the refreshment areas.
The low turnover index highlights the employees’ attachment and loyalty to the company.
Safety at the workplace
Gavazzi considers safety at the workplace and the health of its staff as an essential duty, a continuous commitment and a constant component of its mission.
In compliance with the provisions of Legislative Decree 81/2008 and subsequent amendments, the Company has structured its Safety Management System (SGS) through the preparation of the required documentation: Safety Organization Chart, Risk Assessment Document for each site, Procedures of the Safety and Obligatory Compliance Plan.
The company's commitment is aimed at:
- complying in content and principles with the mandatory rules on Safety and Health applicable to the activities, products and services rendered.
- Promoting any initiative to prevent the occurrence of accidents, which may endanger the workers’ health. The analysis of near-misses is a fundamental activity to ensure a level of excellence in the security field.
- Providing the necessary resources to guarantee a Safety Management System appropriate to the company reality and the context in which it operates.
- Raising awareness and inform all employees, collaborators and suppliers on the need to comply with safety regulations.
- Ensuring adequate training in terms of health and safety at work.